Important COVID-19 Updates From Sayville Luxor
FORMAL VISITATION POLICY
Outdoor Visitation is Encouraged!
Visitation Hours: 10am-12pm, 2pm-4pm, 6pm-8pm
The Facility shall implement visitation on or after 8/18/2020 with the following criteria in place that are consistent with NYDOH Guidance dated 7/10/20.
- The facility will use by appointment only, limiting resident visitors between the hours of 10a-12p and 2p-4pm 7 days a week. Scheduled visitation will not occur during resident meal times. Window visits will NOT be permitted during hours of 10a-12p and 2pm-4pm (during in person visitation).
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes maximum.
- The facility will limit the number of visitors to 2 per resident. Individuals under 18 will remain with an adult at all times.
- Designated location will have proper ventilation. Designated areas consist of 1st floor large dining room, 2nd floor small dining room and the outside courtyard.
- Designated area will allow for 6’ of social distancing between resident and visitor with a max amount of people that are allowable per area at a time, as indicated per census.
- Designated area will be cleaned in between each visitation with EPA approved product
- Number of visits will not exceed 10% of our census at one time. As of 8/14/2020 13 patients may have visitors with a plus one = 26 people allowed to visit in the facility at one time.
- The facility will screen visitors immediately upon arrival and prior to visit. Visitors must pass a COVID 19 screen for visitation to commence.
- Screen will include: First and last name of visitor, Physical (street) address, Daytime and evening phone number, Date and time of visit, Email address if applicable, Actively taking their temperature , Any recent signs and symptoms of COVID-19, Recent international travel, Recent Travel to or from current states on Commissioner’s travel advisory. Reception will keep an electronic record.
- Facility will maintain an electronic recording of completed screens. Reception to keep log in Mentor.
- The visit must be scheduled in advance with Recreation and must be scheduled 24 hours prior to the visit. The visitors must be listed when the visit is scheduled. Visitors must show identification at check in.
- Facility will instruct visitor to notify the facility if they test positive for COVID-19 or exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 within fourteen days of the visit.
- Visitors will not be allowed into resident care areas (this includes the use of facility bathrooms) and must wait in designated area prior to visiting. Visitation will be in designated areas of the 1st floor large dining room, the outside courtyard and the 2nd floor small dining room. No mingling within the facility. No standing in non-designated areas within the facility.
- The visitor(s) must wear a face covering during check in and during the visit.
- The resident must wear a face mask during transport to and from visit. The resident is required to wear a mask during the visit (if medically able).
- The visitor and resident must remain 6 feet apart at all times during the visit. Physical contact during the greeting and termination of the visit is prohibited.
- Visitation is dependent on permissible weather conditions, availability of outdoor space, and sufficient staffing at the facility to meet resident care needs, as well as the health and well-being of the resident. Visits may be cancelled because of inclement or unsafe weather conditions (e.g. high humidity/heat, poor air quality).
- Residents will be provided appropriate protection for weather conditions (i.e. sunblock, jacket, etc.)
- Food is not permitted during the visits. Visitors may bring items for the resident but must leave the package at reception or another location, as directed by the facility. Personal, home containers or opened food items may not be brought into the facility.
- Visitors may bring their own water which cannot be shared with the resident. The facility shall provide appropriate hydration for the resident during the visit.
- The facility reserves the right to terminate a visit and suspend future visitation if a breach of the visitation requirements is observed by staff.
- A resident who is suspected or confirmed to be infected with COVID-19; or quarantined for an exposure to a COVID-19 case cannot be visited except for an end of life situation. A resident who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 may be visited only after they have met the criteria for discontinuation of isolation.
- A staff member will transport the resident to and from the visitation area. During transport, the resident will wear a face mask. A staff member will be designated to monitor the visitation area.
- Facility will monitor visitation to ensure appropriate infection control practices and resident safety.
- Each resident participating in visitation will be monitored for signs and symptoms of COVID 19 for 14 days following visitation.
- The facility shall provide instruction / fact sheet, before visitors visit patients, on hand hygiene, limiting surfaces touched, and use of PPE according to current facility policy.
- Facility will have a system of communication to alert families if facility has to suspend visitation at any time
- The facility will honor each resident’s right to have and choose visitors and to make preferences. The facility should consult every resident to determine who the resident would wish to visit with in person.
- The facility reserves the right to suspend outdoor visitation if an increase in COVID 19 infections occur with residents and/or staff within the last 28 days.